mvpmc includes support for streaming from ReplayTV 4K and 5K series PVRs.
Support is also provided for DVArchive 3.2.
- Automatic discovery of all RTV devices on the network.
- Displaying information about the RTV devices including model numbers,
harddrive capacity, and harddrive space used.
- Retrieval and parsing of Replay Guides including show title,
eposide title/description, actors, show length, time/date recorded,
- Ability to delete shows.
- OnScreen display during video playback.
- Extensive navigation during playback including: +28 second seek
forward, -8 second seek back, absolute jump to any time, relative jump
from current play position.
- Manual commercial skip.
mvpmc main menu device menu
show menu show menu popup
delete show on screen display
specifying the ReplayTV theme when starting mvpmc
mvpmc has a built in theme which provides a ReplayTV like color scheme.
The ReplayTV theme is specifyed with the "-t /usr/share/mvpmc/replaytv.xml" command line option.
Note: The ReplayTV theme can also be selected from the mvpmc main menu
screen under [settings] [themes]
mvpmc offers three GUI OSD(On Screen Display) font sizes.
The ReplayTV GUI is optimized for an 18 point font.
- 10 point Helvetica: (default)
- 14 point Helvetica: /etc/helvB14.pcf
- 18 point Helvetica: /etc/helvB18.pcf
As of mvpmc 0.1.6, the replaytv code is themeble. The
xml theme files (/usr/share/mvpmc/default.xml and
/use/share/mvpmc/replaytv.xml) specifiy the 18 point font for replaytv
If desired users can modify the gui fonts for any widget by creating a
custom xml theme file and loading it with the mvpmc '-t' option.
mvpmc ReplayTV options
ReplayTV options are specified with the "-R" flag.
At a minimum you must specify either a static IP address list or tell mvpmc
to run ReplayTV Discovery.
NOTE: DVArchive must be discovered to kick it in
to ReplayTV 4K or 5K mode.
The format is:
e.g: -R 192.168.1.10/192.168.1.11/192.168.1.12
Example for specifying ReplayTV discovery and the ReplayTV theme:
mvpmc -t /usr/share/mvpmc/replaytv.xml -R discover
Multiple ReplayTV options can be passed using the form:
-R "< option list >"
The following options are supported:
Specify ReplayTV theme, discover RTV's, set debug level 0x58:
mvpmc -t /usr/share/mvpmc/replaytv.xml -R "ip=discover debug=58"
Discover RTV's and make DVArchive believe the MVP is a RTV 4K instead of RTV 5K device.
mvpmc -R "ip=discover mode=4k"
- OK: Brings up show menu popup
- PLAY: Plays show
- RED: Up one page
- YELLOW: Down one page
Seek: On Screen Display (OSD)
- BLANK: Brings up OSD
- PLAY: Plays show
- FFWD: 2X FastForward
- REW: Jump back one second
- SKIP: Jump forward 28 seconds
- REPLAY: Jump back 8 seconds
- [0..9]: Enter Jump Time: Then GO or GREEN to Jump to entered time
- [0..9]: Enter Jump Time: Then SKIP to Jump forward number of minutes from current play position.
- [0..9]: Enter Jump Time: Then REPLAY to Jump back number of minutes from current play position.
- [0..9]: Enter Jump Time: Then REW to Jump back number of seconds from current play position.
- BLUE: Commercial Skip Forward (Jump to end of next commercial break)
- YELLOW: Commercial Skip Back (If last key press was not
'Commercial Skip Fwd' then jump to end of last commercial break. If
last key press was 'Commercial Skip Fwd' then jump to previous time
when 'Commercial Skip Fwd' was pressed.)
- SKIP (End of commercial break NOT encountered): +28 >>
- SKIP (End of commercial break encountered): +ss >>[CB]
- REPLAY: -08 <<
- Jump to Time: h:mm JUMP
- Commercial Skip Forward: +m:ss >>[CS]
- Commercial Skip Back (last key press not 'CS Fwd'): -m:ss <<[CS]
- Commercial Skip Back (last key press was 'CS Fwd'): << PREV
rtv_shell is a command line utility for executing libreplaytv functionality.
It provides access the ReplayTV's http filesystem, guide, etc...
Following is the help menu:
Link to rtv_shell session
sendlogs : send logs to a file
sdm : set the debug trace mask
discover : discover RTV devices
di : get RTV device information
devlist : print device list summary
guide : get RTV guide
delshow : delete a show
playpos : get shows current play position
free : free rtv data struct
fsvi : http filesystem: get volume info
fsstat : http filesystem: get file status
fsls : http filesystem: list directory
fsget : http filesystem: get file
crypttest : Test encryption routines
clitestfxn : test parameter parsing
help : display this help
help <command> provides detailed help for the command.
rtv_shell for PPC can be executed from the MVP by copying the
rtv_shell executable from the mvpmc build tree to a NFS or Windows share
that is mounted by the MVP.
rtv_shell builds and runs for linux x86.
To build for x86 cd in your build tree to host/mvplib/libreplaytv and do a make.
Problems should be reported to the mvpmc-devel mailing list.
There are lots of Error print statements in the mvpmc and ReplayTV code.
To be able to see them you need to start mvpmc from a telnet session instead
of starting it from the config script.
Hopefully the problem can be reproduced easily and Error logs will occur
when it happens.
If mvpmc is trapping and exiting when the problem occurs you can get a core
file to debug by doing the following:
This should cause a core file to be dumped to to the NFS/Windows share.
If you have a mvpmc development environment setup then run gdb
on the core file.
Otherwise, post the problem to the mvpmc-devel mailing list.
- Mount a NFS or Windows share in Read/Write mode on the MVP.
- telnet to the MVP.
- Enter: "ulimit -c 2000" to enable coredumps.
- cd to the NFS or Windows share directory.
- start mvpmc and reproduce the problem.
Myself or someone else will ask you to email the core file so we can analyze it.